About Me

My photo
A current analysis and future visions of my particular interests in culture.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Everyone on the same page

7 permanent staff - 4 full time, 3 part time, plus numerous floating staff, 7 days, 13 shifts, and consistent high quality to maintain. How to get everyone on the same page?



I have always made 'pass over' notes for staff on a following day regarding targets, sales, stock, and miscellaneous issues. From my SWOT analysis I came up with this double sided 'Daily task sheet' which can be created by and passed to any member of staff. The 'Beginning of day tasks' sheet is filled out at the end of the day noting the following morning's replenishment, at midday the evening team will arrive to an 'End of day tasks' sheet with standards, stock moves and carry over replenishment. This keeps everyone on the same page, following the same procedures, and makes all staff accountable for all areas of the floor.